The time has come to reveal, in my estimation the best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. It came from allrecipes.com and is wonderful. Best, Big, Fat Chewy Cookies.
Just a few things:
– It’s ok if you don’t sift the flour
– Only mix it a TINY bit. When you being scooping you should see a significant amount of flour still not mixed in.
– Add extra vanilla
– Use and electric mixer at the begining and mix it until the batter becomes a lighter color.
-Don’t over bake them. Let them cool completely on the sheet.
– They are a little fickle. If you don’t make them right they will be flat. Still good, but not 3/4 of an inch thick and putting bakeries to shame all across town.
Ok… here goes!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or a bit more
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.