Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are His;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
and His courts with praise!
Give thanks to Him;bless His name!
For the LORD is good;
His steadfast love endures forever,
and His faithfulness to all generations.
When I said I was going to take a blogging break, I had no idea about what was in store over the next few months. A 2 week break turned in a 2 month break and I am happy to be back. It has been a wonderful time of enjoying my marriage and family, resting, trusting, and living in the unknown! It seems like so many fun things have happened and Gavin and I have had many adventures, yummy meals, fun activities and great times with friends. We have been to 3 weddings and more to come in the next few weeks! In the beginning of June, Gavin came home and said that he was laid off of his job (which as a surprise and an answer to prayer for direction, but definitely unexpected!), My smiling face responded and said, “Wow, well that’s great. I think I’m pregnant!” And so it began. The next morning we got the house we had put an offer on and then decided to walk. So to sum up the past few months I am going to make a list of the highs and lows.
- Finding out we are pregnant and due in February!
- Gavin losing his job
- Sunset Celebration Weekend for Gavin’s birthday
- Going to the Beach Boardwalk and hanging out with my favorite Sophomore for a week!
- Helping pack and move our dear pre-marital counseling mentor couple to LA and getting updates on his cancer
- Making the BEST baked beans on the 4th of July
- Starting to buy a house, and then not buying it
- Flying Kites on Mt. Diablo for Father’s Day (3 father’s this year!)
- Starting to do P90x and now just walking at the Lafayette Reservoir (baby doesn’t like p90x… neither does mommy)
- Going to dinner at a friend’s house in SF, I’ve never gone into a house in the city before! So fun!
- Making Cookies and Cream Bars with oreos…. Not so good
- Seeing dear friends get married, have babies, move, miscarry, lose loved ones and trusting the Lord when life is hard.
- Realizing I can sell my old cell phone on gazelle.com for $215! Yeah!
- Watching Gavin sing at church, there is something deeply satisfying about seeing my husband serve the Lord
- Attending Ladies Day Away at church and reconnecting with my bff Jessica (well I wouldn’t go that far J) and evaluating and smashing the many idols in my heart
- Finally getting an outline together for a book I have been trying to write since I was 18… it’s going to be a long process, don’t get to excited yet.
- Going to Tahoe for our company reward weekend and Gavin and I dressing up like Mr. and Mrs. Incredible
- Not having one ounce of morning sickness, I have been tired, but that’s about it! I am VERY thankful
- Enjoying our young married Community group and spending time with them
- Continuing to be made into a wife, daughter, friend, and now mom who loves and trust the Lord first….
So that’s it! We have so much to be thankful for, even when it seems bleak. The Lord IS good to us and deserves all praise. That’s the Cummings life in a nut shell. Maybe I’ll put some pictures up soon. 🙂 More consistent blogging to come. Be encouraged. Love the Lord. Serve the Body of Christ. Trust the Sovereignty of God. Know the inherentcy of scripture. Be kind to those around you. Live the life the Lord has given you.